Speciallity: Plastic Surgery (Cosmetic Surgery)
Language: Thai, English
Dr. Piyapas is a highly skilled and experienced plastic and reconstructive surgeon. He graduated with both a bachelor degree of Biochemistry from the Faculty of Science and a Doctor of Medicine degree from Chulalongkorn Medical School, one of the oldest and most respected medical schools in Thailand.He subsequently completed 5 years of training in General Surgery, principally at the Royal Thai Navy Hospital before
graduating as a fully qualified Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon from Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University.
He is an active member of the International Society of Plastic Surgeons, The Royal College of Surgeons, The Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons and The Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand, TheInternational Society of Hair Restoration Surgery,among others.
Prior to working as a Plastic Reconstructive Consultant Surgeon in the Bangkok Phuket hospital, Dr Piyapasworked as a plastic surgery consultant on complex major plastic reconstructive and aesthetic cases in the Queen Sirikit General Hospital, the Royal Thai Navy and the Bangkok Hospital, Pattaya.
He is committed to establishing a solid doctor-patient relationship. Each step of the process, from the initial consultation, to the actual procedure(s), and follow-up care, is performed by him personally.
His special interests include:
- Facial cosmetic surgery, particularly Rhinoplasty (Caucasian and Oriental), Blepharoplasty, Face and Neck lift surgery and other facial rejuvenation procedures.
- Body contouring procedures such as Breast augmentation, Breast lift, Breast reduction, Tummy tucks and Liposuction.
- Hair transplantation by Follicular Unit Transection(FUE ) and Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE ) for both Reconstructive and Aesthetic problems.
- Reconstructive surgery including congenital defects, major soft tissue injuries and defects, burn injuries andfacial maxillary trauma
He regularly attends international meetings and academic seminars overseas to keep abreast of the latest innovative techniques and best treatments.
With a background in Biochemistry, and as a member of both the Society of Cosmetic Chemists of Thailand and the International Federation of Societies of Cosmetic Chemists (IFSCC), he also develops specialized new cosmetic formulations used for unique skin care.
He also works as part of a team with in multiple-procedures cases to reduce the operative time and risk to patients. Dr. Piyapas works at several hospitals,including the Bangkok Phuket Hospital where his skills as an Aesthetic Plastic Reconstructive surgeon and his ability to communicate effectively in English with excellent bedside manners have been strongly recognized by both local and international patients from all over the world.
- Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University : BSc. (Biochemistry)
- Doctor of Medicine, Chulalongkorn Medical School, Chulalongkorn University.
- Diploma, Thai Board of General Surgery, Department of Surgery, Royal Thai Navy Hospital, Thailand.
- Diploma, Thai Board of Plastic Surgery, Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Department of Surgery, Siriraj Hospital, Mahidol University, Thailand.
- 1999 Diplomate Thai Board of General Surgery
- 2002 Diplomate Thai Board of Plastic Surgery
- Plastic Surgeon Consultant, Mission Hospital, Phuket (Active), Thailand.
- Plastic Surgeon Consultant, Bangkok Hospital, Phuket (Active). Thailand.
- Plastic Surgeon Consultant, Phuket International Hospital, Phuket (Active), Thailand.
- Plastic Surgeon Consultant, Bangkok Hospital, Pattaya, Cholburi, Thailand.
- Plastic Surgeon, Department of Plastic and Reconstructive, queen Sirikit General Hospital, Royal Thai Navy, Cholburi, Thailand.
- Plastic Surgeon, Department of Surgery, queen Sirikit General Hospital, Royal Thai Navy, Cholburi, Thailand.
- Physician, Arpakornkeitiwong Hospital, Sattaheep Navy Base, Cholburi, Thailand.
Membership of Club and Association:
- The Medical Council of Thailand
- The Royal College of Surgeon ,Thailand
- The Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons of Thailand (ThPRS)
- The Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons of Thailand(ThSAPS)
- The National Society of the international Confederation of Plastic ,
- Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery (IPRAS)
- The International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS)
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
- The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
- The International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery( ISHRS)
- The Oriental Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (OSAPS)
- The Rhinoplasty Society (USA)
- The Rhinology Society of Thailand
- The Asian Facial Plastic Surgery Society (AFPSS)
- The Asian Association of Hair Restoration Surgeons (AAHRS)
- The Society of Cosmetic Dermatology and surgery of Thailand
- The Society of Cosmetic Chemist of Thailand
- The International Federation of Societies of Cosmetic Chemists(IFSC)
- The Obesity Surgery Society of Australia and New Zealand(OSSANZ)
Membership of Club and Association:
- 1996-1997 Krabi Hospital
- 1997-1998 Lanta island Hospital
- 1998-1999 Sadao Hospital
- 1999-2002 General surgery resident at Pramongkutklao Hospital
- 2002-2004 Plastic and reconstructive surgery resident at Pramongkutklao Hospital
- 2004-present Department of Surgery at Krabi hospital
* All information on the site is a reference.
* There are contraindications. Consultation of a specialist is recommended.